Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Anne Frank: The diary of a young girl

I really enjoyed reading the book probably because it seemed to come straight from a 13 year old teenage girl who changed drastically while hiding in the 'Secret Annexe'.Anne Frank with her family and four other people went into hiding to flee the horrors of Nazi Occupation during second world War. Anne describes the frustrations of living in confined quarters and about her struggle to fight back the difficulties. The book is special because it is from an ordinary and yet extraordinary teenage girl who presents exceedingly mature ideas and never gives up hope. She decides not to live an ordinary life and to be different from all girls. "I have often been downcast, but never in despair; I regard our hiding as a dangerous adventure, romantic and interesting at the same time. In my diary I treat all the privations as amusing. I have made up my mind now to lead a different life from other girls and, later on, different from ordinary housewives. My start has been so very full of interest, and that is the sole reason why I have to laugh at the humorous side of the most dangerous moments."There are few flaws like events or scenes are not described so well or people aren't introduced well but then we shouldn't forget that it comes from a DIARY. Thus, I would still say that it was a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment